Walk Away

 If I ever come across your path

Never look in my eyes


You'll know I lied


You'll know I cried


You'll know I tried to live


But all I did was die


Inside and out


Death meant to be free


Life meant to not be seen


As I cried on my own


I wished you were here


I pictured us together 


Laughing at each other


Either dancing around


Or watching old memories


As I said goodbye to you


I regretted the moment 


As I sat by myself


I cried myself to sleep


When I left you 


You held my wrist for me not to go


I left without looking back


Your tears drowning me 


My tears drowning me


I haven't thought of a different person 


You know I love you


I know you love me


That's why we cannot be


I'm sorry

-written at 12 years old-

Comments