SK #4

 Silly Kittys,

Well, I do have some good news! I FINALLY got a job!!! And it's not some bullshit retail job either. I got a job as a doggy daycare attendant! I start tomorrow, and I am SO excited. I haven't worked since early May when I quit my last job at fucking McDonald's. That place as a job is a fucking goddamn nightmare.

"Now, Pride, how is it so bad?" you ask? Lemme tell you! I first started working there 4 years ago, at the same location I worked recently. Coworkers were nice, the customers were okay, but my manager was not. Such a fucking asshole. I swear he was out to get me. Anyways, I was there for roughly 3-4 months. Now I left when my relationship was going through a rough patch. My partner worked at McDonald's too, just at a different location. They claimed they were in love with another girl and blah blah blah. After we made up, we both quit our jobs because neither of us wanted to be associated with it anymore. The only reason I went back was that we got cats, and I wasn't working because of trauma from another job I had (I'll explain that another time). I found out the manager I had at the time wasn't there anymore, so I had hope.

So, you may be wondering, "Is that it? That's so lame and stupid," and you would be right. That's not why I hated my job there. When I went back to the same location, it was great at first. The first 4 months were fine. Until February of this year, we got renovations. Since I was in school at the time, I just took time off instead of temporarily switching to a different location. When I came back, the same manager from 4 years ago was back. I was so mad. 

Now a bit of background information. I hate wearing bras, fucking loathe it. The bane of my existence. So in high school, I stopped wearing them unless there was a good reason: job interviews, shirt was slightly see-through, work in general, etc. My cousin actually helped me stop wearing them, gave me the confidence to stop. Yes, I'm referring to that cousin. Now, near the beginning of my time at McDonald's the second time, I asked a female supervisor if it was alright if I didn't wear one. She could not give less of a shit; she didn't care in the slightest. So I stopped. No one had a problem with it; no one said anything. Until I got back from renovations.

About a week after I got back, I was brought into the break room by a female supervisor and a female manager from a separate location, and I was told I was making people uncomfortable. I asked if it was mostly men or women; they said both. I was beyond uncomfortable since the same thing happened to me in the fifth grade. But I digress. After that, I cried in the bathroom for 20 minutes and called my brother to come pick me up. After that, I asked around to see if my coworker friends said anything; no one had. I got suspicious of the timing.

No one says anything for months, and then suddenly that damn manager is back, and I get told this?? Coincidence? I THINK THE FUCK NOT! From that point on, I subjected myself to wearing shapewear instead cause at least it was more comfortable than bras. 

That is the main reason why I hated my job. Left in May when I thought I had a possible job opportunity in a different city. I did not. So I figured I would wait to get another job until after my mom's wedding in July. 

Quite a rollercoaster of explaining, but I hope you get the point. Be sure to quit your job when you have another lined up; otherwise, it's a bitch trying to find a new one. 

At least I have a new job now! I start tomorrow! I CANNOT wait!! I'll update you tomorrow night on how it goes!


And as always, stay safe out there, Kittys


PrideSnow out xx

Comments