SK#7
Silly Kittys,
I think it's very appropriate that National Sister Day is today, during my 7th entry. My sister was born on May 7th. So, to honour my wild and charismatic sister, here are 10 stories from our lives growing up together.
1. When my sister and I were young, she was cleaning her room and decluttering some things. As sisters, naturally you give your younger sister the old crap you don't wear or use anymore. So this time, she gave me a locket. It was steel, and on the chain was a heart-shaped thingy with a green gem in the middle. I wore it everywhere until I lost it a few years later. I still remember that necklace. Meant so much to me that when I turned 19, I got a tattoo of that locket on my shoulder. Now, she's always with me.
2. My sister is extremely competitive, but she's also not a sore loser. We would play games for hours. Shrek Party on the gamecube, Rock Band 1,2,3 on ps3, Mario Party on the gamecube. We loved our games. She'd always beat me, but it was never about winning or losing for me. It was simply about spending time with my best friend.
3. My sister introduced me to anime. Started with Studio Ghibli movies, and every new one we would watch, we would wait until we could watch it together. Both of our top 2 films were Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Then TV shows, with Inuyasha. It was a fun and whimsical way for us to bond over our similar interests.
4. A sad part of my childhood was when my Hamster died. I went downstairs one day to feed and water him and to clean his cage, only to realize he was gone. Who was there for me? My sister. She confirmed he was gone and held me as I cried. May not have been a prominent moment for her, but it was for me.
5. When my fiancé and I first dated in grade 11, I was going through some things, and it was the year COVID started. We couldn't really see each other, so I thought it best to end things. We were together for a month. Before I did, I sought advice on what I should do. Who did I go to? My sister. She lived in a different city, so I called her. Even long-distance, she was always there for me.
6. Now, when we were kids, she was beyond bossy. Got us cleaning when we really didn't feel like it (as kids are). However, if she hadn't taught me that valuable skill, I wouldn't be as responsible as I am today, so thank you, my sister. She taught me so many different and important life skills that I still use today.
7. When I was young, I was practically mute. Still, to this day I struggle a lot with talking. Hate it; that's why I enjoy writing so much. It's a way for me to get my voice out there in my preferred communication style. SO when I go mute, who would be my voice? My sister. She stood up for me, given the chance. She was my biggest ally and biggest supporter.
8. When we grew up, we drifted apart. Until finally we started watching this show together that brought joy back into my life with her. Love Island USA. Trash TV. We bonded over our favourite characters and mocking Jen from season 8 because we don't like her face. Ridiculous shit like that, and yet we couldn't stop laughing. #BrinityForever
9. Both my sister and I love to read. Books and manga alike. She gave me her entire Fruits Basket series and taught me how to read it (manga goes backwards from Western novels). She encourages my love of books and even puts audiobooks on during our long drives. When I'm around her, I feel smarter and wiser. Sometimes from her, I learn what not to do.
10. Last but certainly not least, my sister was my other mom. We have a 6-year age gap, but that never stopped us from bonding. Growing up, my mom didn't enjoy being at home all the time, so my sister babysat all the time. She never made the most responsible choices, but who does? She was a child raising 2 younger siblings, and I have to give her credit where credit is due.
I love my sister with every fibre of my being. She can make me laugh even when I'm pissed at her; she can peer pressure me into going even when I'm exhausted, and I have a fun time. She can do many things wrong, but I wouldn't be who I am today without my sister. I will always look up to her even when I shouldn't; I can't help it, though. She is one of my favourite people. I love you, Kiwi, and I can't wait for you to be my MoH at my wedding.
Give love to your sisters Kittys (as long as they deserve it)
PrideSnow out xx
Comments
Post a Comment